Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Bakeapple Picking in Lamaline, NL

Hey there:
      For all you folks from the Lamaline area who may have memories of picking bakeapples over the years these photos may bring back a few memories. I recently took an excursion to Lamaline to pick a few of the delicious berries and did manage to get a couple of gallons. Normally my trip would take me to the Middle Ridge area but these days I don't think I would have much trouble walking the hour hike into the ridge but after picking for several hours I'm not so sure about the hike back out. So this year I spent my time in the area of the Table Rock near Broad Pond as well as behind Piercey Woods.
      While there I took some photos which you may recognize but I must tell you things have changed in my memory at least.
       Enjoy.
Cheers
Barry



As you can see I did manage to get a few. I actually filled the bucket and got about 2 gallons.


The Table Rock near Broad Pond.


Piercey Woods


Piercey Bridge


Closer view of Piercey Bridge


Piercey Brook below the bridge


Here the pit at Piercey Brook.


See Piercey Pond in the distance.


Looking in over the Middle Ridge from Piercey Brook. Too far to walk.


Broad Pond


Big Rocky Pond


Rocky Pond Brook to the left heading to Lamaline.


Rocky Pond Brook to the right heading to Lamaline.


Lamaline Road Sign


Old dump area at Pennie's Hill


Morgan's Island and Green Island


Green Island


The Meadow - Freeman's House


Another view of the Meadow.


Lamaline East from Pennie's Hill


Island Bridge


Back Cove Lamaline


Barasway in Lamaline


Barasway from Meadow Bridge


Remnants of Stacey House in Lamaline


Cousins House in Lamaline East


St. Mary's Church, Lamaline

No comments: